Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where did July Go???





I can't believe that July is over. I don't know where it disappeared to. Most of the cute grandkid pictures are on Aimee and Nichole's blogs but we have done some fun things. On the 24th me, Nichole, Aimee and the boys went out to Cedar Fort to the parade. Peggy let the boys ride on the float that they made and they had a great time. I think that they ate more candy than they threw! Then we went over to Kyler and Stephanie's and had a barbecue. The kids had a ball with their cousins on the water slides and it was good to see everyone. The parade brought back a lot of memories for me. When I was younger, we never missed a year going out to Grandma and Grandpa Ault's for the celebration in Cedar Fort. It was something that I looked forward to all year. We would decorate our bikes all up with crepe paper and we thought that they looked so cool. Then there was the rodeo and the dance. I have a lot of really great memories. But in the parade this year there was something that really sparked my memories. It was just a truck pulling a sheep camp with some horses in the back of the truck, but it really took me back to my Grandpa Ault. He always hauled his horses in the back of the truck like that and it was so funny to watch him load them. He would holler and curse at them until they would jump in. He was such a good Grandpa. Even though he could curse like crazy.... he had such a tender heart when it came to his grandkids. He always had candy (pink mints) in his truck for us and I can always see his smile. This picture of him is my favorite because it is how I really remember him. We also went to the Tabernacle Choir and Osmond 24th Celebration. As they sang "Come, Come Ye Saints" I couldn't help but be so grateful for all of my ancestors that sacrificed so much for me so that I have everything that I have. I don't know if I would have been able to give up what they did. I hope that I can live my life to show them how grateful I am for their sacrifice so that I could have the gospel in my family's life.

No comments: